Requests for review and complaints may be mailed, dropped off, or sent by fax or email. Those sent by e-mail must contain a scanned copy of a signed and dated request for review or complaint form, otherwise they will not be accepted. If you have questions about completing these forms, please contact the OIPC at 1-709-729-6309.
On this page
Access to Information and Protection of Privacy Act, 2015 (ATIPPA, 2015) Forms
If you wish to request a review by the Commissioner or file a complaint you may do so by writing a letter to this Office or by completing the appropriate form:
- Access Complaint or Application Related to Cost Form PDF document opens in new window (139 KB)
- Privacy Complaint Form PDF document opens in new window (134 KB)
Access to Information Requests
Requests for access to information must be made in writing to the appropriate public body and can be made using the form available on the Office of Public Engagement - ATIPP Office website opens in new window .
Requests for access to information must be made in writing to the House of Assembly and can be made using the form available on the House of Assembly – Access to Information and Protection of Privacy (ATIPP) website opens in new window .
Only public bodies reporting a privacy breach to the Commissioner may do so using the form below as set out in ATIPPA, 2015.
- Privacy Breach Reporting Form PDF document opens in new window (373 KB) (For public bodies only)
- Guidelines for Completing the Privacy Breach Reporting Form PDF document opens in new window (123 KB)
Personal Health Information Act (PHIA) Forms
If you have submitted a request to a custodian for access to or correction of your personal health information and you are not satisfied with the response, you may ask the Commissioner to review the matter by filing a complaint using the appropriate form below.
The Commissioner's Office also investigates privacy breach complaints and other complaints about how personal health information has been improperly collected, used, disclosed or otherwise mishandled by a custodian.
If you believe on reasonable grounds that a custodian has contravened or is about to contravene a provision of the PHIA in relation to your own personal health information or that of another individual, you may file a complaint with the Commissioner using the appropriate form below.
- Investigation of Complaint About Access to OR Correction of Personal Health Information PDF document opens in new window (358 KB)
- Privacy Complaint Form PDF document opens in new window (359 KB)
Only for custodians of personal health information as set out in the Personal Health Information Act
Custodians reporting a breach to the Commissioner may do so using the form below:
- Privacy Breach Incident Form PDF document opens in new window (253 KB) (For Custodians Only)